Monday, September 1, 2008

Seven Years


Seven years…

Seven years is the time I was made Italian… or to be precise…
Seven years is the time I was made Milanese
Ninety three… that’s the number of ties I have in my closet… proof of my Milanese identity…
When I was in Milano I realized that life needed passion… and although I had my share of adventures they lacked that “je ne sais quoi”…

One afternoon I was in the “centro” (downtown) and I stopped by a flower vendor and bought a rose, a single beautiful red rose…
I then walked around the centro looking for someone to give it to…
I saw an elegantly dressed woman in her forties window shopping…
I told her that I bought this rose because it was too beautiful to be alone…
Would she accept it… she was hesitant but she accepted and… thanked me with a big smile… I gave her the rose and left.

No comments: