Sunday, September 28, 2008

Friend or Foe

Friend or Foe


In one of the trips to Europe I was scheduled to go to Greece and interview a prospective distributor… It was quite a while since I was in Athens… so I decided to spend the week-end and go and see Bouli Kazis who was a classmate at BBS in Alexandria… we spend the time catching up on our lives and that of other classmates…

At one point he brought out some old pictures amongst whom there were some boy scout pictures… One of them showed a classmate called Mohamad Galal… Galal and I had been together in the same class since sixth grade… and even though we were far from being close… the fact that we were in the same scout troop… we spent quite some time together… I asked Bouli if he knew where was Galal…

“Galal died” said Bouli… “He was killed in the six day war”…

I was in Israel during the six day war…

Mohamad Galal was the enemy… or was he?

That left me in such a distress… that I remained in shock for a very long time…

No comments: