Monday, September 1, 2008

Two Years


Two Years…

Yesterday at noon I went to Horizon South Detox Center for a meeting… there was a weekly meeting and a Chip meeting… And when asked who had two years sobriety, I proudly stood up and got my two year Chip…
This was particularly important for me, especially since the past weekend I had my (Cyborg II) generator broken and I was shaking all over… it would have been impossible for me to go anywhere, especially at Horizon South…
Looking beyond this generator incident… it has been over TWO YEARS that I have been without drugs… of any kind.
During my addiction, before I realized that I had a compulsive behavior, I was so apathetic that I tried a variety of “highs”… but (luckily) they left me as indifferent as before… so I stopped everything but Crack cocaine… until my Neurologist took me off the medication which caused my compulsive behavior (called Requip and Mirapex)… and thus ending my drug addiction.
Two Years…
Happy Birthday, Ivo

No comments: