Saturday, September 20, 2008

Peace



Back in eighty two I was in Galveston for a sales meeting… Driving across town I noticed the street names by letters A street B street etc., then there were half streets… names like N1/2 street and P1/2 street were found… I was told that after a hurricane reconstruction in the sixties they came up with extra streets…
I guess the City of Galveston may resort to proper names…or go metric.

“How is it that we exist…” this is one of the principal questions asked by the CERN colider staff… just imagine if they succeed… how shall we know that we have an answer… or many answers…
I just heard that the colider has a helium leak and may need a couple of months to fix it… I guess that we will have to wait another two months before we know the answer to our existence… will we… I wonder…
If we knew how we exist… then we would have less questions to ask on our existence… shall we have answers as to how is it that we keep killing each other… since that entails to the destruction of whoever we are killing… how is it that we exist…

When in Paris, we used to spend Saturdays at my aunt Lina for lunch… we were watching the lunch news on TV… Gal was around five when we were watching some violence on the news when Gal said “Why are they fighting, they can do like Sadat and Begin and make peace.”
That was Gal’s first involvement with peace… A decade later she started a Peace Club in high school… and raised money to go to the Soviet Union and participate in a group called Peace Child.

No comments: