Monday, October 13, 2008

What Am I...

What am I…

As I was sitting on a public square in Palo Alto… kind of listening a man speaking loudly… to anyone who wished to listen… about the state of affairs of the world… I started wondering whether I was part of this man’s world…
How did I get out of that… and to what did I leave it for…
Being a bum is sad to the extreme… because when you wake up to nothing… there is nothing to do about it… except to find money to buy alcohol, or drugs, so you can return to that world of oblivion… sad…

And what do I do now… well, first I have motivation… motivation to be the Ivo I used to be… to be the Ivo that is there for the family… and to draw satisfaction in seeing Sharon and Gal smiling… and to be there for them when in need… whether it is to take Dahlia to the Exploratorium… or read Goodnight Moon on Tikva’s grave…

All these things are only possible with a “real” Ivo… who stays real and refuses any excuse for returning into oblivion… like my dear friend Jair… who’s final step was to end his life because he was unable to see anything but oblivion in his future…

No comments: