Monday, October 27, 2008

Friends 4

Friends 4

Kolestin O When I moved to the USA I split Europe in two and hired and appointed Jean Pierre in Paris… Unfortunately after six months Jean Pierre had an operation… he died on the operating table… leaving me to find a replacement… I asked around and through Yves R I met Kolestin… and after three hours he was hired… I remember calling Orit and informing her that I found Kolestin…Where is he from, she asked… he is Basque I said… good, minorities make good salesmen… she answered… and she was right…

Jacques O He was my distributor in France… he is obsessed in always finding a woman… even if only for a smile… he is all show… but with substance too… even though he needs to be the center of attention… always….

Yves R Is maybe the opposite of Jacques O… In every way a gentleman… and a shrewd businessman… when he started his company he mentioned that in six months to a year he would like to add computer peripherals to his portfolio, and if by then I am still interested he would hire me… A couple of weeks later I finalized a deal with Ferrell S… and was looking for distributors throughout the continent… I called Yves and met for lunch… he then started to tell me that he needed some time before hiring me… I then said “Yves I have been hired by Shugart and want to appoint you as distributor… because I have a few orders for you to fill out…”and handed a couple of purchase orders… I am still in contact with Yves… and we get together whenever we are in the same continent…

Dick W Dick was retained as a consultant to help and support me… in Paris… whenever I needed help… a lot involved paperwork, get the right one so as to ensure the legality of a shipment… we were in the middle of the cold war… I remember meeting Dick on July 13th in Paris… it was Bastille Eve with people dancing and making noise in the street all night… I kept in touch with Dick throughout the years…
By chance Dick called me as I was leaving the Detox center… and found a room in a “very undesirable” neighborhood… we must be able to find something better than this… It is thanks to Dick and his support that I found the studio I am in now… Thank you Dick my friend…all the best…

Gunther W was hired by Wolfgang to replace him at Synelec… I remember when he was hired his English was extremely primitive… He will learn it said Wolfgang… which he did… we had lunch last year in Munich… and all seems well… Good Luck Gunther… all the best…

Dimitre V is a Bulgarian living in Campbell… we worked together in the brief period I was with BMI… we meet from time to time for lunch… always enjoyable… see you soon, I hope

Bill C My neighbor… Bill is a poet and he has been guiding me through the writing of this Blog/Book… time only will tell what and how will it end… au revoir…

No comments: