Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Oops... Wrong Turn

Oops… Wrong Turn

As I was driving home, I took the University Avenue exit off 101… the traffic was intense so I decided to try turning left and find a shortcut…
I saw a supermarket and… since I needed some stuff I parked my car and went in this Supermercado…
What I saw shocked me… there was less choices than at Safeway… only three miles away… and… the prices were higher… the only thing they had more choices than in my local market was tortillas…
I started asking myself… Why… why are there less choices and higher prices than a few miles away… where there is a choice of three supermarkets… do the poor have more money than the rich… I asked myself…

This was my first encounter with East Palo Alto… the city on the wrong side of the freeway…

No comments: