Friday, October 24, 2008

Betty

Betty

A few months after Orit left “to find herself” I went to Hawaii with the girls for Passover… After a week in Maui Gal and Sharon flew back home… while I took the plane to Tokyo… the funny thing about that flight… it was a honeymoon flight…. i.e. all the passengers were newly wed young couples on their way back from their Honeymoon in Hawaii…

In Tokyo I did my business as usual… and was dropped at the Imperial hotel around six… As I was going to my room I noticed a European woman talking to a Japanese hotel employee… When she finished with the employee I approached her and invited her to have a drink at the bar… It turned out she was a travel journalist living in Miami… she was going on this trip to Japan, China and Hong Kong… we spent the evening talking and talking and talking… we agreed to meet in Hong Kong some ten days later…

That was the beginning of some of the most romantic periods of my life… After a super romantic evening in Hong Kong…. Betty managed to change her return flight and stopped in SFO for an extended weekend in the Bay Area… After that, for the following year or so I stopped in Miami on every trip I made to Europe… and on a couple of occasions I took Betty with me… I remember Paris, Milan, Rome, Geneva, Lausanne, Stresa, and Puerto Rico… where I joined Betty for a Jewish Cuban Wedding of her cousins’ daughter… this event lasted three days…

Plenty of very pleasant memories which I shall cherish forever… or at least to the end of my lifetime…

No comments: