Friday, August 22, 2008

To Be Proud

To be proud
Written in August 2008
Some time ago I wrote this brief poem…
I love you because you’re mine
I love you because you’re mine
I love you because you’re mine
Are you?
What does this have to do with pride…totally random… I ignore it… but it will come to me…
Who am I proud of…
Proud of my daughter Gal, my forever princess… and her daughter Dahlia, who really believes she is a princess…
Proud of David, Gal’s husband, for giving his family the love and attention a husband/father is supposed to give…
Proud of my daughter Sharon, my sunshine always… for her gleam of light even in the darkest moment…
Proud of myself… for having made it through in these difficult times… where I can proudly say… I now know who I am… I now know where I am… I now know what I am… as they say in Latin… cogito ergo sum…
Is it sufficient for me to think…
We are in 2008, and for most of the past decade I was totally “out of it”… my drugs and my instability due to my Parkinson and the medications I was taking, made me I kind of zombie who could sometimes hide the disability of my intellect (by blaming it to Parkinson)…
As the Beijing Olympics are in full swing, I tried to remember the past Olympics…
1996 I think it was in Atlanta…
2000 I was told it was in Sydney… Zero recollection
2002 Winter games in Torino… Zero recollection
2004 I heard it was in Athens… Zero recollection
2006 Winter games ???
It is fascinating for me to notice the difference in my sanity and my memory immediately after stopping this forsaken medication… in more than just taking drugs… my life priorities have evolved… unfortunately during these years of oblivion I managed to spend all my money… thanks God for Social Security…

No comments: