Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Back from the cold

Written in January 2007
Back from the cold

Around the end of last century I embarked on a dangerous path...
Taking drugs...
That path was so treacherous that I was unable to detach myself from
It.
...and I am far from being the type of person that gives up...
so I succumbed to the life of a drug addict...

My struggle lasted almost a dozen years and, believe me life on the
other side of the railroad tracks is far far from being interesting,
or even exciting for that matter...

I tried and tried to detach myself from that life of drugs, and
Sometimes it worked for a little while, but... ploom... I fell into
The trap again... to try another time to control that craving...

I recently was in contact with Stanford University Hospital with
Regards to my Parkinson... and I found out that the medication I
Have been taking has a tendency to create compulsive behaviors to
such things as gambling or other "high risk" endeavors...
I told the doctor that my compulsive behavior was crack cocaine....
She took me off this medication (Requip) immediately... and my
craving disappeared...
...Never to reappear again...

... It feels soooooo gooooood to be back in real life...

No comments: