Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's a mad, mad world

Written in January 2008
It’s a mad mad world
Two days ago my car’s transmission died, luckily it died in an area surrounded by garages and mechanics…
Why did it die?
Because that is what cars do, they are built to die, just like people, they require a different type of doctor though…
It’s a mad mad world
San Francisco has a zoo, with all sorts of animals in it, mostly they live in cages, but some of them jump away… and when they get hungry they jump on people… that is exactly what happened
The Siberian tiger (called Tatiana) jumped out of her cage and jumped and killed a visitor, she then went to the zoo café and jumped on two more guys visiting… luckily the cops were there and they killed the tiger, saving the two guys in the cafe
ll that happened on Xmas day
It’s a mad mad world
There is a young 17 year old woman who needed a liver transplant but it was denied, due to clerical error, she died too on Xmas eve…
It’s a mad mad world
This morning I went to the county office to reapply for MediCal, amongst all the papers I brought a bank statement, the worker saw it and said… You have too much money… (I had $2,700 at that time)… Your application will be rejected
So, after I left I went to the bank, removed all but $600 and printed a bank slip, which I faxed to him…
It’s a mad mad world
A Latino man in East Palo Alto was shot, and killed, just as he was leaving the restaurant after finishing his Navidad dinner
The fact that it occurred in EPA… still makes me sayIt’s a mad mad world

No comments: