Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tikva

Tikva
The other day I buried my granddaughter Tikva.

Tikva was/is a special child, in her brief 57day life she touched many a soul. First with her name Tikva (hope in Hebrew), where she appeared in her mothers dream with this name…
I bonded immediately with this little angel who gave me her heart from the first instant… Every time I was going to see her in the hospital I was bringing the book Goodnight Moon and reading it to her…

Ah my dear Tikva, how you opened my heart with your fragile little body… so perfect, so delicate and fighting to keep your breath… you are such a fighter that you were combating against all odds till your were exhausted…

The doctors tried performing miracles… but you had decided to put an end to all this struggling and go to an eternal rest… and I shall go to the cemetery as often as I can and read to you Goodnight Moon.
Goodnight little angel, may you find eternal rest forever…

No comments: