Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good Year Blessed Year

Good Year… Blessed Year

This last Saturday I brought my application for Stevenson House… Am I moving… why… Well I am going back to Palo Alto… Why… Because, having ruined the pre-living years… It is about time that I return to normalcy…

In my pre-living years I was controlled by controlled substances… and was unable to think of happiness… but I tried… and tried… and tried…

Then one day I received a letter from Stanford Hospital… and that started it all… I got rid of my addiction… it turned out to be a Compulsive Behavior… a side effect of my medication… and I got rid of my tremor and stiffness… thanks to the Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS)… surgery…

As time passed I felt stronger and more at ease with myself… my living years are far from pre-living… they are LIVING YEARS…

Little Tikva… my grand-daughter… came in a flash in my life… she was a fighter this girl… until she was too tired to fight… she was exhausted… I remember coming to see her at UCSF and bringing her the book Goodnight Moon… which I read to her diligently…
Then the time for her to give up came… I took my talleth and drove to San Francisco…

According to Jewish custom, one is buried in his talleth… Tikva is buried in my talleth… what an honor I was granted… what a bond has Tikva and I established…
Whenever I pass by the cemetery I stop by and read her Goodnight Moon…

What a Blessed Year… I am finally awake from all the junk I put in my body… from my Compulsive Behavior… and through my DBS surgery…
FOR OVER TWO YEARS… Then Tikva came… and although she had to give up fighting… she left her mark in our heart…

Then a few weeks ago… I called my mother to wish her happy birthday and found out that she passed away a few hours before… But to every cloud there is a silver lining… now she will take care of Tikva…

Goodbye Mamuni… Goodbye Tikva… may your voyage through eternity be full of smiles… Smile to Life and Life will Smile to You…

No comments: