Sunday, May 10, 2009

From my cousine Angela... on Rosy, my mother

Dear all,
I wondered what your mother, your grand mother, Rosy, learnt to me?
So much, so many things...
To love, to hope (oh Gal maybe Tikva was related to Rosy before her birth, maybe it's an essence of our family to trust, to hope, to continue to live and to lovewhatever the circumstances)
To be optimistic
To be full of energy
To be active in silence
To be an independent women
To like her job
To be a lovely sister.
That two sisters may be very different but loving eachother so much
To be an attentive wife
To not complain
To be strong
To cook so good. I have just to close my eyes to smell her food:
I don't know all the words in english but in french:
boulettes de viande et de poisson,
lesfeuilletés à la viande ou au fromage,
les confitures,
les pâtes (of course for an Italian),
le harotset,
l'agneau cuisiné,
les épices: la corandre, le curcuma,le safran, la cardamome
To sew.
I remember she sewed the towels at Lina's home and her Singer apparatusis still there
To love travel
To love the boats and the sea
To not regret
To speak so many languages
To love her mother and takes care of her
To not judge anyone but be besides if necessary
To help those who need
To smile to the life...
For me, that's the essential.
But I have so many other memories... big andlittle...
Love and kisses at each one of you.
See you soon (at least in my dreams...)
Angela

No comments: