Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Tennis 1

Tennis 1

Well, I did it… my first steps in holding a racquet and shooting some balls against a wall…

This afternoon I took my racquet and some balls and off I went to the park next door and did just that…

I am still a bit stiff… and hesitate in moving laterally… but that was expected… with Parkinson’s and all…

But I am confident that my muscles will develop… and I will ignore Parkinson… in the same way that I continue living without any Parkinson medication…

Other than tennis… I am proceeding in my de-boxing… and trying to fit all my stuff in a studio smaller than the one I was living before… but the atmosphere here in Stevenson House is much more positive… so I hope getting more involved… and find my niche…

Gone are the sirens of the two to four ambulances which come daily at Valley Village… but also gone is my seeing the little cat that lives by the mall where I had my daily coffee… I have to convince Bill to go visit the kitty…

More to come as I settle down…

No comments: