Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the other hand...

On the other hand…

This morning, as I was walking to drink my coffee in the mall… I admired the quietness of my surrounding… It seems more like Palo Alto… the clean pavement… occupied by autumn leaves… and an occasional neighbor sweeping off this foliage… I can hear, in my head, Yves Montand singing…

On the other hand… I also remember the ordeal of my “compulsive behavior…” the trash one had to go around to enter the crack house…. All this for what… for the illusion of an elixir which is only an illusion… without any real and homely holy feeling…

When I look back on what I went through… I tell myself “Ivo my dear friend… this is more a Palo Alto type surrounding than a crack surrounding…”

Let’s make sure it stays that way…

No comments: