Sunday, November 2, 2008

Friends 6

Friends 6


Gunnar J… I saw Gunnar recently, he had come to the Bay Area for his son’s wedding… both my daughters say that he looks like Popeye…. He is a very jovial person… and I always enjoyed our periodic lunches at The Fish Market…. He currently alternates between Paris and Southern Sweden… Where he is growing grapes for his wine making… Wine in Sweden… sounds like cows in Berkeley…. Moooo…


Karina A… Karina is Gal’s best friend… They are inseparable since elementary school… when Karina’s mom gave her daughter Caviar for snack… while Gal’s mom gave her Pate and Spanacopita… a bit different from the peanut butter and jelly sandwich the other kids had…
Today Karina has two kids… a daughter Jette who is the same age than Dahlia… and a son Sirrus who is one year younger… when I see them playing together it reminds me of their mothers playing together for hours… She is another daughter to me…
I love you Karina


Bisser D… Before meeting Bisser, my knowledge of Eastern Europe was very limited… I had been to Yugoslavia once for three days… and spent a weekend in Budapest… I was ignorant on Eastern European business practices… Bisser is Bulgarian…when I had a chance to visit that country I was struck by the lack of products for sale in the shops… the poverty in the heart of Europe was striking…
Bisser epitomizes the Eastern European businessman… charming, autocratic, hard working and a lust for power and the control of power…

No comments: